Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Givin' It Up for Lent

It's my favorite time of year.  Spring is around the corner, birds are chirping outside, buds and sprouts are a symbol of life renewed, and we celebrate the Lenten season before Easter.  Since I was a girl in a Catholic school, I've been giving up something for Lent, a tradition of abstaining from something you love before Christ's ultimate sacrifice.

This year, I'm giving up clothes-buying.  Ouch, right?  It's a reminder for me to think less of self and more of others, and also one that, by default, will force me to make do and mend and possibly refashion some things...

Here are some ideas inspiring me to alter what's already in my closet:





I'm looking forward to seeing what I can come up with this spring season!  Do you know of any great tutorials or knockoffs??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails