Monday, October 31, 2011

Chalk Paint Dresser Redo!

I know you've all been patiently waiting, and the time has finally come for the reveal of my $25 garage sale dresser redo!!

In case you've forgotten, she started out looking like this:


And now, in all her glory...



I painted her (Yes, it's a her.  There's nothing masculine about this beauty!) with two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Provence, followed by a coat of clear wax.  This was my first time using the famous ASCP and I am quite pleased with the results.  Yes, it's expensive, but it is so worth it.  (If anything, to not have to sand and prime...)
This was also my first experience with waxing a piece of furniture, and it wasn't quite as bad as I had originally feared.  I do wonder, however, if I'll ever be able to buff without channeling a little Karate Kid and repeating "Wax on... wax off".  *snort*


One of the original drawer pulls was broken, so I decided to replace them all with new hardware.  I found these brushed nickel pulls at Home Depot and I think they complement the blue nicely.  


I recruited my sister's help with a little furniture rearranging and moved my new dresser to her intended home - my front entryway.  She's fitting in quite nicely, don't you think?

Project breakdown:
Dresser: $25
Paint: $35
Hardware: $30

Grand Total: $90

I'd say I made out like a bandit on this one!  Just wait til you see the estate sale console I scored for $50!

Linking up here:


 

18 comments:

  1. Oh I love it!!! The color is beautiful, what a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! I love the color! You did an outstanding job!! Great pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda, the dresser turned out lovely! The color is fantastic! It's always fun to start with a blank canvas, but one with such good bones as the dresser you found! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The trim at the top really makes this piece special. LOVE the colour you chose!

    Deborah (happily visiting from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you can drop by too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Looks brand new. Love the color, it's one of my favs from A.S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic makeover this looks gorgeous, the colour is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so pretty! That color is great, I still have yet to try that chalk paint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, that is so beautiful! I love that color and you are right, it is brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks adorable! that color is amazing on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This piece turned out gorgeous! I'm anxiously awaiting my first order of AS and am now wishing I was getting the Provence! ;) This dresser is just so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love, love this color too! I wish ASCP wasn't so expensive. I would try it. Either way great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Such a beautiful color...I'm your newest follower from the SYS blog link party. I hope you'll stop by my blog & follow along too!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rhonda, It looks great! I love ASCP too! The color is so pretty! thanks for stopping by refreshrestyle,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is ADORABLE! I am in love with this dresser and would gladly welcome her into my home if she ever needs to be adopted! :)
    I am in the middle of a dresser transformation (meaning I've painted the body, but not yet the drawers nor found my new hardware) for my expected baby's nursery. I hope my dresser turns out 10% as cute as this! :)

    (visiting from tatertots&jellos's weekend wrapup)

    alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!
    Sarah
    www.budgetfriendlydecorating.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful color choice :) Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower and I think your blog is cute. I would appreciate it if you came to my blog and followed me too! http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg---u r so talented and love the New dresser look---can't believe it but it is beautiful!!! U need to come over to my house!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails