Saturday, March 19, 2011

{Easter Wreath}

I stayed up late last night with my glue gun and finished my Easter wreath.  I'm loving it this morning...


I recycled the grapevine wreath and white pom poms from my Valentine Pom Pom wreath.  Since the pom poms were tied on with string, it made for quick removal.  (No worries - all pom poms escaped unharmed!)  I was a little more committed to this wreath so I busted out the hot glue...


I mod podged some paper mache eggs with strips of fabric in gorgeous shades of blue and yellow.  These are from Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane collection and Sandi Henderson's Meadowsweet.


I then cut strips from some aqua Michael Miller knit and ruffled them with my sewing machine.  I hot glued the ruffles to the bare paper mache egg - I wanted it to look like a fancy sugar egg.  It's pretty close, albeit not edible...


Then I made some ric rac roses to match... these are super easy and so cute.  (I put the blue one on a clip so I can recycle it as a hair clippie for my girls.)


Hello there little rosebud.;)
An hour or so and a few hot glue burns later...


It just so happens that is goes remarkably well with my new turquoise door... not that I planned that or anything *wink*.

Welcome Spring, come on in!




1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I'm loving the coordinating turquoise door! Soo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails