Saturday, March 19, 2011

{Easter Wreath}

I stayed up late last night with my glue gun and finished my Easter wreath.  I'm loving it this morning...


I recycled the grapevine wreath and white pom poms from my Valentine Pom Pom wreath.  Since the pom poms were tied on with string, it made for quick removal.  (No worries - all pom poms escaped unharmed!)  I was a little more committed to this wreath so I busted out the hot glue...


I mod podged some paper mache eggs with strips of fabric in gorgeous shades of blue and yellow.  These are from Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane collection and Sandi Henderson's Meadowsweet.


I then cut strips from some aqua Michael Miller knit and ruffled them with my sewing machine.  I hot glued the ruffles to the bare paper mache egg - I wanted it to look like a fancy sugar egg.  It's pretty close, albeit not edible...


Then I made some ric rac roses to match... these are super easy and so cute.  (I put the blue one on a clip so I can recycle it as a hair clippie for my girls.)


Hello there little rosebud.;)
An hour or so and a few hot glue burns later...


It just so happens that is goes remarkably well with my new turquoise door... not that I planned that or anything *wink*.

Welcome Spring, come on in!




1 comment:

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails