Happy Monday to ya! Is it starting to look a lot like Christmas in your home lately? It is in mine, and it’s starting to feel like Christmas too with the frigid weather we had over the weekend… I’m excited today to share a tutorial with you for a quick, easy homemade ornament that is a great reminder of the true meaning of Christmas: the Embroidery Hoop Nativity Ornament.
What You’ll Need:
White Muslin fabric
Embroidery hoop (mine is 4 inches)
Nativity Stamp (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
1. Load your stamp with ink, being sure to coat thoroughly.
2. Stamp onto section of fabric, holding in place for good ink transfer. Make sure you leave enough of a border to fit the hoop. (Don’t worry if your fabric is wrinkled – the hoop will take care of that.)
3. Measure fabric around stamped image and cut out, leaving a couple of inches of fabric to pull through hoop.
4. Place fabric into hoop and pull for a taut fit, then tighten bracket. (See? No more wrinkles!)
5. Trim excess fabric, add ornament hanger and that’s it! (Someone send the manucure police over, please.)
You can hang these on your tree or place on your mantel, wherever you need a reminder that the Christ child is what we are celebrating. I used a six inch hoop and stamped a favorite piece of scripture at the bottom.
Such a great message that helps me focus on the real reason for the season.
This ornament is hanging on my living room tree, which I’ll share in full later this week. I’ve made some changes to it since last year and I’m really enjoying it – can’t wait to show you.
Here’s to the beginning of a great week!
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6-7