Rather than purchase another wreath form, I disassembled the Halloween wreath (making a huge mess of glitter, straw, and ribbon in the process…) and then re-wrapped the form with strips of ivory burlap. I then took some leftover ruffled muslin strips (from my tablecloth project) and hot glued it around the perimeter.
Don’t know if you recognize the little glitter accents… those are the acorn caps from my Glittered Acorns! The acorns have long since dried out, so they were falling out of their caps. I wanted to get a little more use out of them, so I embellished the wreath with them, a glittered homage to nailhead trim.
The “give thanks” pennant banner was fashioned from hand-cut burlap triangles hot glued to jute string. I wrote the letters freehand with a paint pen (cause a Silhouette is unfortunately not in the budget… or boo-jwah as Layla calls it).
It’s a pretty little wreath – one whose color matches a certain entryway that was painted today… no reveal just yet.
Hope you had a terrific Sunday!