You Will Need:
PomPom Maker (or Make Your Own from Cardboard)
4 Black Chenille Stems/Pipe Cleaners
Assorted Googly Eyes
1. Make a large pom pom with either your pompom maker or cardboard ring. Set aside.
2. Take two pipe cleaners and join them in the form of an X by twisting around each other.
3. Add two more pipe cleaners in the same fashion.
4. Separate stems so you have four “legs” on either side.
5. Now, it’s time to add your spider body to its legs! Add hot glue to the center of your chenille stems, then firmly place your pompom to the glue.
6. Now, shape your legs. I gave my legs a rounded top and flexed foot, to help the spider stand.7. Add googly eyes…and hello Spidey!
Oh, and Bridey… my 4 year old was excited about her Halloween costume and insisted on “helping” mama with this project (hence the not-so-great photos). *sigh* I wouldn’t have it any other way!Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and get to enjoy making some spiders with your little helpers!
Linking up here: