You will need:
Acorns. Lots of acorns.
3. Add acorns until the entire form is covered (be prepared to send your children for more acorns in case you run out... not that I'd know anything about that. Ahem.) I used a combination of fallen acorns (brown) and some picked from the tree (green) so I would have some variation in color.
4. To form the top of your "tree", glue acorns in an upright position at the top of the cone.
5. Then add one in the middle... your little acorn star, so to speak.
6. Now it's time to bring out the beauty of the acorns' colors with a little Mod Podge. Apply Mod Podge to each acorn, being sure to coat the acorn and cap portion.
You acorn tree will now look like this (deep breath, it's gonna look better!):
At this point, you can add glitter if you'd like for a little sparkle or affix some moss in between acorns.
7. When your Mod Podge has cured, you're left with this beauty:
This is a fun way to dress up your fall table or mantle - and since it's not holiday specific, it can be used the entire fall season! Hope you enjoyed the tutorial!
Oh, and yes, those little sparkly guys at the bottom are a sneak peek of a fun kid's craft tutorial to come!
Linking up here: