Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Family Photos!!

I’m ashamed to admit it, but my girls are five and seven and we had never had a real family portrait taken.  Sure, we’ve got plenty of family pics taken by friends and family, but there’s just something special about a professional family portrait, don’t you think?

Since it gets dark so early this time of the year, our photo session was scheduled for the afternoon.  I actually took the day off work so I wouldn’t have to leave early and feel rushed in getting the fam ready.  Funny story… Mr. home.made. talked me into a trail run that morning and wouldn’t you know it… I sprained my ankle!  Since my outfit included heels (beauty is pain, right?) it made for an adventuresome photo session.

We used a fantastic local photographer, Caressa Captures, who just happened to go to college with my sister and who I just happen to sit next to on Monday nights when our girls are in gymnastics.  I couldn’t be more pleased with the outstanding job she did…

2507 (2)

My girls normally are hams in front of the camera, especially my little one, but it took a little while to get them to loosen up for Ms. Caressa.  (Guess that’s what happens when it’s their first real photo shoot!)

2789 (2)

As all great photographers do, she captured not only their beauty…

2625

but also their personalities.

2903

That, my friends, would be the “clover tongue”, so lovingly passed down from a certain daddy to his daughters.  Ahem.

We are blessed beyond measure!

2 comments:

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails