Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Decor from Mother Nature

I am working on some additions to my holiday decor this year... special little somethings that you won't find in a store made out of these beauties:


I'll give you a minute to catch your breath.

Gorgeous, right?!

These are burr oak acorns - I have a neighbor down the street with a gigantic burr oak tree and I stalk it every winter, waiting for these to fall and rushing to pick them up before someone drives over them.  I have been known to pick these up during a run and run a mile or two with it in my hand... crazy?  Maybe just a little... 

With acorn or without, these are fabulous and I am completely smitten.

Can't wait to show you what I'm doing with them... stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are awesome! I've never seen them before. I can't wait to see what you're doing with them!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails