Thursday, December 6, 2012

Nature-Inspired Christmas Series {Ornament}

I’m finally catching up on life around here and wanted to post the first of my nature-inspired Christmas decorations… an ornament made from those awesome Burr Oak acorns that I showed you a few days ago.

This particular acorn only had the remaining “hat” when I found it on one of my runs… and I thought it was a perfect setting for a miniature winter wonderland!  The tiny tree nestled inside the mossy acorn cup is simply magical.
If you’re lucky enough to have these acorns where you live, here’s how to make your own!

You will need:

006
  • Burr Oak Acorns/Caps
  • Mini Bottle Brush Tree (I found mine in the craft section at Hobby Lobby and soaked them in a bleach/water mixture to turn them white.)
  • Glue
  • Fake Snow (not pictured)
  • Glitter

Instructions:

1.  Coat the inside of acorn cap with glue, securing the tree in the middle.
007     008
2.  Add fake snow around the tree.
010
3.  Add additional glue on top of snow and sprinkle with glitter.
011
4.  Set aside to dry.  Once dry, invert to remove excess glitter.
5.  Simply set on tree branch for display.  Enjoy…

There’s more to come in the christmas series, so stay tuned.  Up next will be a fun way to repurpose fallen leaves… and more acorn crafts!

Linking up with these fab sites:
Craftberry Bush
Crafty Scrappy Happy
Whipperberry
Be Different Act Normal
Tatertots and Jello
Positively Splendid
I Heart Naptime
It's Overflowing

1 comment:

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails