This particular acorn only had the remaining “hat” when I found it on one of my runs… and I thought it was a perfect setting for a miniature winter wonderland! The tiny tree nestled inside the mossy acorn cup is simply magical.
If you’re lucky enough to have these acorns where you live, here’s how to make your own!
You will need:
- Burr Oak Acorns/Caps
- Mini Bottle Brush Tree (I found mine in the craft section at Hobby Lobby and soaked them in a bleach/water mixture to turn them white.)
- Fake Snow (not pictured)
Instructions:1. Coat the inside of acorn cap with glue, securing the tree in the middle.
2. Add fake snow around the tree.
3. Add additional glue on top of snow and sprinkle with glitter.
4. Set aside to dry. Once dry, invert to remove excess glitter.
5. Simply set on tree branch for display. Enjoy…
There’s more to come in the christmas series, so stay tuned. Up next will be a fun way to repurpose fallen leaves… and more acorn crafts!
Linking up with these fab sites:
Crafty Scrappy Happy
Be Different Act Normal
Tatertots and Jello
I Heart Naptime