Monday, October 21, 2013

Batty Halloween Wreath

Happy Monday y’all!  Today I’m sharing my Batty Halloween wreath – after a few days of rainy, gloomy weather, I finally got a little bit of sunshine so I could take some pictures!

Spooky Bat Wreath

This wreath started out completely different – my original idea that seemed so great in my mind turned out to be an epic fail so I had to go back to the drawing board.  A trip to Walgreens for some allergy meds ended in the Halloween aisle, where a new idea was born and I then proceeded to wipe ‘em clear out of fake bats.

Circling Bats Wreath

I wrapped the wreath form with burlap ribbon and secured the bats with just a few straight pins, which luckily worked because hot glue does not stick very well to whatever rubber/plastic material these things are made of.

My inner English teacher is cringing that I just ended a sentence with a preposition but hey, I’m a rebel like that.

EEK Bat Wreath

The flying bat in the center carries a Halloween message on a burlap banner… EEK!  (My daughters told me that bats don’t say eek, they squeak.  Love them.)

Spooky Bat Halloween Wreath

And now just a few more pics…

Circle of Bats Halloween Wreath


home made Spooky Bat Wreath

It’s a little batty, but a lot of fun… only 11 sleeps til Halloween!

Linking here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails