Monday, October 28, 2013

Mission Style End Table Makeover

Happy Monday everyone!!  We had a busy weekend around here, filled with trick-or-treating, soccer, birthday parties, and a karate tournament.  I’m pooped!  In between all the madness fun, I was able to finish up a little project I’ve been working on for a while: making over this Mission Style end table gifted to me from my sister.

Aubusson Blue End Table

When she gave me this table, it was in good condition except for a little wear on the varnish.

photo (50)

I knew I wanted to stain the top, so I sanded it down and after applying MinWax Wood conditioner I stained it with one coat of MinWax dark walnut.  A coat of poly protects it from future wear and tear.

End Table Stained Top

I painted this with Annie Sloan Aubusson Blue, and rather than distress it, I used my smooth chalk paint technique and then applied wax.  I used Miss Mustard Seed’s wax on this piece cause I’ve been dying to try it… It is very different from Annie Sloan wax.  It’s much softer and smells wonderful – it did take off a little more paint color with it, but since it wasn’t formulated to work with this paint I wasn’t surprised.

Chalk Paint End Table Redo

I love the contrast between the matte blue and the soft sheen of the dark walnut top.

Mission Style End Table Makeover

If you remember my post about searching for a living room sofa, I’m giving you a peek here of my final choice.  I’m not quite ready for the full room reveal yet (still a few more projects to finish up), but here’s a little glimpse at the room redo.

End Table Styling

This little table has found its new home on “my end” of the sofa, with a good book or magazine and a hot cup of coffee always nearby.  I sorta love it.  Huge thanks to my sister for sending this gem my way!

Did you guys get any projects finished this weekend or were you running around crazy like we were? Have you used MMS furniture wax?  What did you think of it?

Linking here:

Savvy Southern Style

Inspire Me Please Party

The Inspiration Gallery

Fabulously Creative Friday

Somewhat Simple

Whipperberry

Tatertots and Jello

Funky Junk Interiors

Too Much Time

I Heart Naptime

Three Mango Seeds

The Sunday Showcase

Home Stories A to Z

Inspiration Exchange

Power of Paint Party

The Scoop

Tuesday’s Treasures

The 36th Avenue

Transformation Thursday

Be Different Act Normal

It’s Overflowing

Beneath My Heart

Happy Housie

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the color combination... blue and brown really are perfect for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful shade of blue. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color and the dark top, I haven't used MMS wax yet but sounds like it is easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the color combination!! It reminds me of my kitchen cart I made over a while back! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails