Monday, October 7, 2013

Round Top Antiques Fair Recap!

Hey hey friends!  Happy Monday to you!

Last Friday I spent the day melting shopping the Round Top Antiques Fair with my sister, and thought I’d share a little bit of it with you.  If you haven’t ever heard of Round Top, well honey, bless your heart.  Round Top is a haven for antique and junk-lovers alike in April and October each year.  More than 2000 vendors set up shop in pastures, barns, and outbuildings for a three week span of junkin’ delight!

Since we only had one day to shop, we stayed on the outskirts of the fair in Warrenton, TX.  It was hot, it was dusty, it was fabulous.

003

This was one of the first booths we checked out… amazing, right?  Sadly, I couldn’t find a name for this little gem anywhere in the setup, but I wanted to share with you anyway.

004

That chair… *swoon*.  (The price… *out of my range*!)

005

This is the first of many fab campers that I will be sharing with you in another post… I seriously contemplated hooking up to this one and taking off!

We missed visiting the Junk Gypsies this year as they set up shop further down the road, but that didn’t stop me from snapping pics of their JG lounge, where fellow gypsies hang out during the Junk Gypsy Prom, which has become a highlight of antique weekend.  I vowed to my sister to attend this prom next year… dressed in my finest treasures!

006

007

Haybales, leather, and velvet sofas for seating… classic Junk Gypsy glam.

We weren’t dressed for the occasion, but my sis and I did sneak in a photo opp at the photo booth!

008009

We perused the many booths for hours in the intense Texas heat… there’s a mix of what the booths offer.  Some were purely flea market with tables full of a hodge podge of items.  Others were like the first booth I pictured, a storefront for upcycled vintage furniture and homewares and carefully selected new items.  There were also booths that were essentially boutiques, selling clothing, jewelry, bags, etc.  I can tell you right now that I was surprised and a little disappointed by the number of boutique vendors here… I don’t know about anyone else, but I didn’t come here to shop for clothing that I can buy in a shop in my hometown.

There were also a lot of items brought in from Mexico, which isn’t a problem… but there were so many booths selling the same exact furniture, signs, metal roosters… you get what I’m saying.

But every now and then there was something fabulous:

011

013

022

This is what I came here to see.

019

This light fixture was made from an old industrial mixer whisk *I die* … I tried like heck to convince my sister to buy this for her kitchen (she’s a baker… it’s perfect!) but she passed on it. 

I need a moment of silence here…

020

Okay… now that I’m composed, let’s carry on, shall we?  Check out this collection of vintage stamps!  The stamps were pictures that corresponded with the text – a nearly complete set – amazing!  I would have loved to bring this home with me but $195 for a set of stamps that I truly don’t need just doesn’t make sense, no matter how amazing it is.

025

This bed was begging me to curl up my tired, overheated body on these beautiful linens, as was the one below.

029

Custom linen bedding… seriously.  This linen was so soft I almost couldn’t stop touching it.

028

My final pic for you is this incredible space: a deconstructed chair, burlap cushion sofa, chicken coop coffee table, ghost lampshade complete with fringe, and corrugated tin walls.  Crazy beautiful.

I’ll be sharing what I brought home with me later this week as well as sharing a roundup of Round Top campers… you won’t want to miss it.

Have you ever been to antique weekend in Round Top or did you go this year?!  Tell me all about it!

1 comment:

  1. 1) I had no idea such a thing exsisted and I've lived here for 8 years. 2) You should have never told me because it looks AWESOME! :) Nice post Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails