Monday, August 13, 2012

35.

Today is my thirty-fifth birthday.

It's funny.  As I get older, it seems that birthdays come and go without much pomp and circumstance, and that's perfectly fine with me.  I find that rather than it being a day to celebrate my seemingly small existence in this gigantic world, it's become more of a day for me to reflect on how well I used the past year...

Did I hug without holding back?

Did I love well?

Did I let my girls know enough how deeply I adore them?

Was I a good spouse or a good friend?

Did I make it count?

While I'd love to say that every moment of year 34 was spent wisely, I must admit that there were moments I missed because I was tired, or irritated, or just too caught up in my to-do list to look up at the world around me.  

But there were also times that I think I got pretty close to getting it right...

35. (sheesh)

Here's to making life beautiful, one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a nice birthday, Rhonda! I like your little tagline {or whatever you'd call it!} "Here's to making life beautiful, one day at a time." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Rhonda!! Loved your post - it's so true! We all need to take a moment to look around and make sure we are making the best use of our time.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails