Friday, August 24, 2012

{Saturday Spotlight} Vintage Industrial Teen Bedroom

Happy Saturday everyone!  After a bit of a summer hiatus, it's time again for Saturday Spotlight, where I showcase fabulous projects from bloggers like you!  You're in for a real treat today - a fantastic teen boy's bedroom makeover from Simplicity in the South.

Closet office with plank walls

Tricia did a fabulous job transforming her son's room while he was away... my personal fave of the entire room is this planked wall she installed in a closet turned office.  Is that not amazing?!  I love the warmth and depth the wood planks bring to the space.

Office closet with whitewashed plank walls. Carpenter's tool caddy organizer.

Go ahead, just try and look at it without drooling.  I dare ya.

She added some DIY personal touches, including this genius cage light (complete with tutorial!) - 

How to make your own pendant light

She used the space of the small room wisely, choosing to use a single bed that expands to a king with an underbed trundle.

Vintage Industrial teen bedroom

Every detail is perfection, from the wood accents to the smart use of galvanized metal.  Such a sophisticated space for a teenage boy (or for any age man for that matter).

For more of the details, including all of her great tutorials, click on over and visit Tricia at Simplicity in the South... tell her I sent ya!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my oldest son's bedroom! I'll be giddy with excitement for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room is fabulous! I'm with ya on the wood plank wall inside the closet office is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Tricia!! U go girlie

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails