Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back to School Mantle

Since both of my girls are starting school tomorrow morning, I decided to celebrate the occasion by decorating our mantle…

I made a little chalkboard school countdown sign, complete with a tutorial that I’ll be sharing later in the week over at Simply Klassic Home, while Kristen is in Hawaii.

I covered some cardboard letters from Hobby Lobby with torn book pages, glitter, and a page from my oldest daughter’s handwriting book from kinder *sniffle*.

back to school mantel

A glittered apple garland will transition well from school days into fall…

And I finally found a use for the big bag of crayon pieces… they make a perfect accessory for a back to school mantle!

back to schol mantle 1

It’s a sweet mantle… and a bittersweet reminder that tomorrow, my baby is starting big kid school:

012 copy

She’s so excited about it that it makes it hard for me to feel sad that she’s growing up…

But I took the day off anyway, just in case I need time to recover.

Are your little ones ready for back to school??

Linking up with these fab folks:

Make It Monday

Sunday Showcase

Tuesday’s Treasures

Tutorials and Tips Link Party

Wow Us Wednesdays

Show and Tell Saturday

Tatertots and Jello

5 comments:

  1. Great job on your mantle Rhonda! I love the letters that you covered with paper! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda, I love this idea! Those letters are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute idea with the pencils and the globe. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper covered letters are a great touch. I love that you did each one differently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea! I may have to try it next year.

    Buffie
    http://papercuts4u.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails