Tuesday, October 26, 2010

School Days Jacket


I've been slowly working on the oliver & s School Days Jacket that I'm making for Lil Sis.  Temps are dropping into the 70s here, so it's almost jacket time in Texas. 

*giggle*

The hood is actually completed with the cute owl fabric liner already:



Is that little owl print ridiculously cute or what?

I KNOW!

I digress...  anyhow, I've also sewn the front yoke and panels, the back yoke and panel, and the plackets for the toggle closures.




It's starting to look more like a jacket and less like a pile of intimidating pieces.  Even my dh was intimidated by this sewing project - asking me if maybe this was a little ambitious for me.  Puh-leese.  I can do this thing, no problem!  (Hope I'm not speaking too soon...)

I wish I had more to show you but all that topstitching left me with this:



Not quite enough to get started on the next step of the jacket.  I guess I could use it to make one of these:


Seriously, how cute is that?  Make a little spool dog?!  oliver & s is just a little cute-bomb, waiting to explode at any second.  The patterns... the spool dogs.  Too much.

Note to self:  Need more thread.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try this pattern. Did you use fleece for the outside?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails