Tuesday, April 10, 2012

{What’s Cookin’ Wednesday} Oven Fried Chicken

After my husband and I were married, I bought myself a Betty Crocker cookbook.  Nearly ten years later, I still have the cookbook (and the hubby *squee!*) and have quite a few dog-eared pages marking my favorite recipes.  This one is a recipe I turn to frequently because of its simplicity in prep and cooking and because it’s just good eats, ya’ll.  Enjoy!

Oven-Fried Chicken

Oven Fried Chicken

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3- to 3 1/2-lb cut-up whole chicken  (I sometimes use all drumsticks, cause my kids love ‘em!)

Instructions:

  • Heat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in 13x9-inch pan in oven.
  • In shallow dish, mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture. Place chicken, skin sides down, in pan.
  • Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake about 30 minutes longer or until juice is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs).

*** image and recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails