After my husband and I were married, I bought myself a Betty Crocker cookbook. Nearly ten years later, I still have the cookbook (and the hubby *squee!*) and have quite a few dog-eared pages marking my favorite recipes. This one is a recipe I turn to frequently because of its simplicity in prep and cooking and because it’s just good eats, ya’ll. Enjoy!
Oven Fried Chicken
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3- to 3 1/2-lb cut-up whole chicken (I sometimes use all drumsticks, cause my kids love ‘em!)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in 13x9-inch pan in oven.
- In shallow dish, mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture. Place chicken, skin sides down, in pan.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake about 30 minutes longer or until juice is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs).
*** image and recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker