Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine’s Feather Wreath

I decided to do something very cutesy and fun for my Valentine wreath this year… and even better, it’s so easy it’s ridiculous!
033 copy
I purchased three pink feather boas in the Valentine section at Hobby Lobby (30% off, of course) and a styrofoam wreath form.  Using straight stick pins, I secured the feather boa string as I wrapped it around the wreath.  (Make sure you pin through the string rather than the feathers or it won’t hold…)
And that was it!  It took me all of about five minutes to make this fun, feathery, confection!
031 copy
Even better, it’s super easy to disassemble if I decide I want to reuse the wreath form, although I don’t think that will be necessary since my youngest has already decided this would go great in her room.
It’s so fun being in a house full of girls sometimes…
034 copy
I think it goes quite nicely with my turquoise front door, don’t you?  Coincidentally, this wreath goes with my Easter décor colors as well so it might live for another season… or perhaps I’ll make one in yellow?
Hope you’re having a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Nora and I may have to make one. Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails