Sunday, August 7, 2011

I left my heart... in San Francisco

Okay... so I didn't leave my heart there, but I did somehow manage to leave my bag of makeup brushes and some much cooler weather in San Francisco!  The weather was fantastic - cool and in the sixties every day.  It was a rude awakening returning to the one hundred plus temps in Texas and the ensuing drought... but even so, it is so good to be home in my own bed with my babies sleeping nearby.

Here's a little peek into my work-play trip!














We stayed in an old hotel located between Chinatown and Union Square - while not as modern as the many other hotels around, it had a certain vintage charm that made it feel like authentic San Francisco.  Claw foot bathtub, original molding, no central air or heat... and even a late night flute serenade from one of the transients in the alleyway.  Remind me to share the video sometime...

  Since this was a work trip for me, we only had evenings to go out exploring together, so we spent most of our time walking (a lot), eating great food, drinking coffee, and people watching.  Did I mention walking?  The hills are crazy steep.  The picture above of the cable car was taken right before we trekked up Hyde Street, which has an incline of 27%... oy. 

It was a nice little getaway... and a great reminder that...

There's No Place Like Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails