Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pounding the Pavement



I've recently dusted off my running shoes and reacquainted myself with an old love... running.  Way back when, I used to run daily.  It was my time to exercise my body, free my mind, and release myself from the pressures of day to day life. 

Then I got busy running other things... work, children, stuff... everything but running in its purest form.

I won't say it's been easy.  I don't particularly like having to go for my runs early in the morning before I got work.  My body simply does not find it as easy as it once did.  And some mornings I'd just rather be sewing or enjoying my coffee while watching the news.  But it's been good for me.  Good for my mind.  Good for my sense of well-being.  Hopefully, it'll be good for this saggy body too.  My goodness, how my laziness has caught up with me.

If all goes well, I'll keep up this renewed habit and make it a lifetime pasttime.  (Hee.  That sounds funny, doesn't it?!)  Maybe I'll be like Carrie and run a marathon in a cute little shiny skirt. (The girl ran it while pregnant.  Seriously.  I am so not worthy.)

Care to join me?  I'll be lacing up around 6am...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails