Is it Monday already? Man, did this Easter weekend fly by or what?! I spent a lot of time at my church this weekend, singing in our five Easter services on Saturday and Sunday – it was powerful worship each and every time so I am pooped! Sunday afternoon was spent with Mr. home.made.’s side of the family – I brought my Banana Split Pie, a rich dessert reminiscent of the ice cream favorite. Today I’m sharing the recipe with you!
I got this recipe from a former coworker of mine a while back and have made it multiple times. It never disappoints!
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 package of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 4-5 bananas, sliced lengthwise
- 5-7 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 20 oz.can crushed pineapple, drained
- cool whip or homemade whipped cream
- chopped pecans
- sliced maraschino cherries
- Prepare crust: combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl until well-blended. Press mixture into a 9x13 pan; place in refrigerator to chill.
- Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth; spread over crumb mixture.
- On top of cream cheese layer, placed sliced bananas, crushed pineapple, and strawberries.
- Spread Cool Whip on top; sprinkle with pecans and cherries.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
I will warn you that this stuff is pretty hard to stop eating once you start, so make sure there are no leftovers… (mine are in my fridge calling my name right now). I happily devoured this portion when the photo session ended. nomnomnom
Here’s to a delicious week!