Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Mantel Reveal

It’s the first day of October… so I believe it’s time I finally shared my fall mantel with you!

fall mantel 1

You can see my Moss Pumpkin Topiary flanking the left end, and do you recognize the little countdown sign in front of it?  Yes!  It’s my Back to School Countdown Pallet Board!

holiday countdown pallet board

  I really liked it but wanted it to be a little more multi-purpose, so I removed the chalkboard apple and replaced it with a framed chalkboard (purchased in the unfinished wood section at Hobby Lobby and painted).  I also painted over the word “school” with chalkboard paint so I could easily write in whatever countdown was currently upon us.  I added a ric rac trim to mimic the scalloping on the frame.

fall mantel

I’m all about the neutral fall palette this year… moss, grey, brown, ivory, and silver.  Mmmmmm.

silver leaf pumpkin

I gilded some cheap styrofoam pumpkins with silver Liquid Leaf… it came out so smooth and so much prettier than the funny orange color that these pumpkins used to be.

fall vignette

I replaced the crayons in my apothecary jar with a mixture of cinnamon sticks, moss, and burlap.  The cute mirror was stolen from my daughter’s room as she slept, blissfully unaware of the thievery taking place!

fall vignette 1

Another silver pumpkin and some moss are nestled in my antique Rose Point china creamer cup, and one can never go wrong with a few strategically placed pinecones.

I’m enjoying the simple, natural beauty of my fall mantel this year… I have plans on transitioning this mantel through Halloween and Thanksgiving with just a few minor changes - and I might just figure out a way to ease it into Christmas… who knows?

Hope you’re having a beautiful start to your October!

Linking Up here:

Savvy Southern Style, Transformation Thursday, Fox Hollow Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Love your mantel - especially the sign ( I did a few signs a couple of weeks ago )
    and the gilded pumpkin looks gorgeous!
    Your newest follower - would love to have you come by for a visit and follow back when you have the time!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks great! Love your chalkboard sign and the pumpkins are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails