Saturday, June 12, 2010

We interrupt this dressmaking edition to bring you...

New kitchen towels!!

I was doing some late-night sewing the other night and figured I wasn't quite alert enough to tackle the sleeves... so I whipped up some cutesy flour sack towels!  I bought these towels a while back for this very reason but they were set aside for more important sewing tasks at hand.  Lucky for me, I found them again and now have these to show for it!  Yay - happy kitchen and happy hands!

I dug out these Amy Butler remnants from my scrap pile and went to work.



And I discovered just how great that little ball-point sewing needle works while I was adding the jumbo rickrack.  My regular sewing needle broke with my first attempt!



I don't know that there's much better than a towel with a ruffle!

And I'm loving the flour sack towels - they bring back memories of being at my grandmother's house on holidays, as I was always given dish-drying duty and it was always with these gigantic flour sack towels.  I guess for some great things there are just no substitutes.

And now... I must get back to the dress!

1 comment:

  1. Quit being afraid of the sleeves and get to it girl.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails