Sunday, September 30, 2012

Moss Pumpkin Topiary

pumpkin topiary 2

I’ve finally completed my fall mantel, but before the full reveal I wanted to share my Moss Pumpkin Topiary (a complement to my Simple Fall Moss Wreath).

This topiary, in its previous life, was a felt circle topiary that I made for Valentine’s Day three years ago.  I had originally planned to make a felt circle pumpkin like Clean & Scentsible, but changed my mind once I remembered how long it took me the last time!  Instead, I decided to use some of the moss left over from my wreath.

Using the same technique as the wreath, I arranged the moss on the foam topiary and secured with florist pins/stakes.  Some teal velvet ribbon was pinned in place to mimic pumpkin grooves.  The final touch?  A cinnamon stick stem, placed on a floral pin.

moss pumpkin topiary 2

The bucket was pink and covered with hearts from its formed Valentine décor life, so I covered it with burlap (hotglued into place so I can easily remove it and reuse it later) and added some lace ribbon trim from my stash.

burlap and lace

So simple and pretty.  I love it.

pumpkin topiary

Full mantel reveal coming soon!

 

Linking here:  Jennifer Rizzo

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so cute and just passed up some clay pots at the store too. I may still have to give it a try, because then I could still use it for Christmas with some add greenery.
    I am not following you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails