Thursday, September 27, 2012

13.1 Thursdays–The Mud Run

thirteen

Welcome back for another week of 13.1 Thursdays, where I chronicle my half marathon training adventure… the good, the bad, the ugly, and this week, the dirty!

I told you last week that my Saturday run was a mud run – some friends and I ran the Lozilu mud run in Austin.  It’s a combination of a 5k with an obstacle course and a few mud pits, which makes for some messy fun.  The event is also all women, most dressed up in some uniform or costume, so it’s a chick power kind of event.  Here’s our team before (that’s me on the far left):

We were the Red Hot Divas, although we got quite a few pirate comments.  Whatever.  Arrrrgh, matey.

We ran, climbed walls and giant fish nets, took mud baths, jumped off ramps, and then crossed the finish line together…

And then, of course, found the nearest cold beer!

20120922_105531

It was awesome.  And just so you know, we’re already thinking of costume ideas for next year.

How I did this week:

Saturday: 5k Mud run

Sunday: Rest

Monday: Rest (gymnastics and homework interference!)

Tuesday: Ran 3 miles

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Rest (yes, again…)

So not that great this week.  Life sometimes has to come before running when you’re a mom and wife and work full time.  Planning on a morning run tomorrow and a long run on Saturday…

Running Gear I Can’t Live Without:

giraffe

Say hello to my new little friend… the Sweaty Band.  I actually got one as part of the Lozilu swag (mine’s not giraffe, but I’m crushing on this one) and I loved using it this week.  I can’t stand my hair in my eyes while I run, and with short hair, most head wraps don’t fit right along the nape of my neck.  This one, with the skinny elastic, worked great.  And for reals, it doesn’t slip ya’ll.

My Pick-up-the-Pace Playlist:

Lights – Ellie Goulding

Titanium – David Guetta

Everybody Talks – Neon Trees

 

So even though this was one of those weeks where the training didn’t quite go as planned, I’m keeping the faith.  My run on Tuesday really felt good, strong… and I felt pretty strong on Saturday too.  My running confidence is slowly building, I think.  I’m still scared of the big 13.1, but maybe not quite as much?

So you think I can hit SEVEN this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails