Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DIY Coffee Table Roundup!

I am anxiously awaiting Thursday to arrive as it brings a long-awaited piece of furniture... my new sleeper sofa for my office!  This would be the same office that I repainted almost a year ago in the house that I moved into almost two years ago... so sad, right?  *sigh*  Such is the reality of decorating a home while trying to live like no one else.  It was quite gratifying knowing that this was paid for with cash, all earned from selling various furniture pieces that I've redone over the past year.  (Remember that red console and the sweet duck egg blue vanity set?)

The impending arrival of the sofa has my mind reeling with decorating ideas, particularly DIY coffee tables.  Who doesn't love those?  This is the one I'm 99.9% certain I'll make (I remember seeing it in Country Living and knowing I had to make it!):


But here are some other great ideas:

Source: hgtv.com via Jillian on Pinterest



Source: bhg.com via Stephanie on Pinterest

Aren't these all such amazing ideas?  I'm sure you can detect a theme of repurposing old pieces of wood and throwing in a little industrial touch with casters, but the most important theme is that they can all be made pretty inexpensively, which works just fine for this gal on a budget.

How has being on a budget influenced your decorating style?

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt you will come up with something fantastic! I followed you here from a comment you left on my blog - cottage4c. I love all of the projects that I've seen so far! I'm a new follower...
    Thanks for the love for my blue cabinets, btw!!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails