Recently, I was commissioned to give a little make over these time-worn camp stools:
So a cheerful little make-over they did receive!
After doing a little prep work of cleaning, sanding, and priming, these two little stools were given fresh coats of paint, including fun paint-dipped ends! Polycrylic was brushed on for added protection.
The owner did not want the original fabric slings to be removed, so I cleaned those up the best I could and then made coordinating slipcovers that can be removed and laundered as needed.
For this stool, I backed a pretty turquoise damask print with white kona cotton and added tabs with snaps to secure around the stool edges.
This slipcover is a lime green dot print backed with white kona cotton and secures with matching ties. I also added elastic along the sides to give a ruffled effect. (BTW – someone who shall remain nameless completely forgot to add the ties before sewing and topstitching and now has a coordinating pillow on her couch. Please tell me I’m not the only one who has done this!)
Here they are, ready for their new home!
Such a fun little project for my first commissioned work… (thanks Jenny for allowing me to take your creative ideas and run with them!)
Linking up here: