Monday, April 21, 2014

{Recipe} Banana Split Pie

Is it Monday already?  Man, did this Easter weekend fly by or what?!  I spent a lot of time at my church this weekend, singing in our five Easter services on Saturday and Sunday – it was powerful worship each and every time so I am pooped!  Sunday afternoon was spent with Mr. home.made.’s side of the family – I brought my Banana Split Pie, a rich dessert reminiscent of the ice cream favorite.  Today I’m sharing the recipe with you!

13937297772_2f3b02da3c_o

I got this recipe from a former coworker of mine a while back and have made it multiple times.  It never disappoints!

13959984623_300eb4d3c9_o

Ingredients:

  • 2 c graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 package of powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 4-5 bananas, sliced lengthwise
  • 5-7 large strawberries, sliced
  • 1 20 oz.can crushed pineapple, drained
  • cool whip or homemade whipped cream
  • chopped pecans
  • sliced maraschino cherries

Instructions:

  1. Prepare crust: combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl until well-blended.  Press mixture into a 9x13 pan; place in refrigerator to chill.
  2. Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth; spread over crumb mixture.
  3. On top of cream cheese layer, placed sliced bananas, crushed pineapple, and strawberries.
  4. Spread Cool Whip on top; sprinkle with pecans and cherries.
  5. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.

Serves 12-14

13936307722_81022d8a19_o

I will warn you that this stuff is pretty hard to stop eating once you start, so make sure there are no leftovers… (mine are in my fridge calling my name right now).  I happily devoured this portion when the photo session ended.  nomnomnom

Here’s to a delicious week!

 

Linking here:

Home Stories A to Z

Inspire Monday

The Scoop

1 comment:

  1. Okay this sounds so yummy and looks well ---- Like i could eat the whole thing ! Thanks for sharing I will have to try this for sure! happy I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails