Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Décor–Is yours all put away?

While it seems that everyone else has already moved Christmas aside to wipe the proverbial slate clean and get ready to ring in the new year, I’m still enjoying the warm glow of twinkle lights from my Christmas trees,  my stockings are still hung on the mantle, and I’m in no rush to pack it all away.

I tend to leave my trees up until after Epiphany each year, but truth be told, I’m never in a hurry to take it all down.  Some of it is due to sheer exhaustion from the holiday season (this year’s battle with flu didn’t help) but mostly it’s just because I love it.  I love sitting in a dark house with only the light of the trees as I drink my morning coffee.  I love the shimmer of glitter that seems to be everywhere… it’s a magical time of year and I want to enjoy the magic as long as possible.

I’m sharing a final glimpse into my Christmas Décor today… in case you missed it, here’s my Christmas Dining Room and my Neutral Christmas Tree.

Office Christmas Tree

This is our largest tree, the one that is in our office/multi-purpose room.  It’s decorated with mostly blue and white ornaments that I purchased years ago and I’ve added different handmade ornaments over the years, trying to fill in all of the gaps.  You can see my book page tree topper found a home as an ornament as well.  I love adding in natural burlap where I can so there is a tree topper made of burlap mesh ribbon and some burlap bows as well.

Christmas Packaging

What would a tree be without pretty packaging, right?  When I ran out of boxes this year, I decided to use tea towels as gift wrap.  It’s almost like two gifts in one, and I love that.  And although I certainly did not need any more holiday gift wrap, I couldn’t resist this printed kraft paper wrap from Target.  I used burlap and sisal rope as my holiday ribbon this year and loved the look.

living room xmas

Here’s a glimpse of the living room from the office.  The christmas décor in here is limited pretty much to the tree and the mantle.  I’d really like some more christmas pillow covers for next year but I’m waiting for some great sales – those babies are expensive considering you can only use them for a month or so! I*sigh* I could always make some more, like my Ballard Knockoff Advent Pillow… I’ve got a eleven sewing months to work on that.

Living Room Tree

Here’s the neutral christmas tree again… I had a strand of lights go out on this tree on Christmas morning and it made all the lights go out! Grrr.  I had flashbacks to when I was a kid and we had to check every. single. bulb. to see which one was burnt out when this happened.  That was not gonna happen here, let me tell ya.  Good riddance, no good strand of lights!

015

Lastly, here’s our mantle, mismatched stockings and all.  I used a faux garland (because Home Depot sold out of their real ones – boo!) with some burlap ribbon and our “U” stocking holders.  My sister gave these to my husband and I long before we ever had kids and I think it’s crazy that she gave us just the right amount for our family… Hubby’s stocking is the good/naughty one, Lil Sis’ is the high heel sparkle boot cause that’s just so her, mine is the handmade linen stocking, and Big Sis’ is the mermaid cause she loves to swim.  Mismatched in appearances only as they match our personalities to a tee.  And in case you’re wondering about the little sock in the middle, our elf on the shelf decided she needed a stocking as well… hee.

So that’s it, the last of my Christmas posts for this year.  I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as could be and that you have many blessings in the upcoming year!!

If you still have your Christmas decorations up, say it proud and let me know!!  Leave a link so I can stop by to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails