The Fourth of July is this Thursday – can you believe it?! I’ll admit it, this holiday sorta snuck up on me this year, especially since we just returned from our beach vacation… ack! Luckily, this fun patriotic dessert is not only delicious but it is incredibly easy to put together (and it’s kinda healthy too…)!
- Mason Jars (Love my Blue Vintage Collection Jars)
- Angel Food cake (I got one from the grocery store bakery)
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Strawberries and Blueberries
How to make your own Patriotic Trifle:
1. Cut angel food cake into 1-inch cubes.
2. Layer 3-4 cubes of cake on the bottom of the jar.
3. Add 2 heaping spoonfuls of yogurt.
4. Top with sliced strawberries and blueberries.
5. Repeat layers one more time (or until trifle reaches the top of the jar). That’s it! Keep jars chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Simple, delicious, and a nod to the Red, White, and Blue… perfect for your patriotic celebration!
Do you have big plans for the Fourth of July?!
Linking up here: