Sunday, June 30, 2013

{Tutorial} Patriotic Trifle in a Jar

The Fourth of July is this Thursday – can you believe it?!  I’ll admit it, this holiday sorta snuck up on me this year, especially since we just returned from our beach vacation… ack!  Luckily, this fun patriotic dessert is not only delicious but it is incredibly easy to put together (and it’s kinda healthy too…)!

Ingredients:

085

  • Mason Jars (Love my Blue Vintage Collection Jars)
  • Angel Food cake (I got one from the grocery store bakery)
  • Vanilla Greek Yogurt
  • Strawberries and Blueberries

How to make your own Patriotic Trifle:

086 

1.  Cut angel food cake into 1-inch cubes.

   087

2.  Layer 3-4 cubes of cake on the bottom of the jar.

088

3.  Add 2 heaping spoonfuls of yogurt.

089

4.  Top with sliced strawberries and blueberries. 

5.  Repeat layers one more time (or until trifle reaches the top of the jar).  That’s it!  Keep jars chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Simple, delicious, and a nod to the Red, White, and Blue… perfect for your patriotic celebration!

Do you have big plans for the Fourth of July?!

Linking up here:

The Sunday Showcase

twelve o eight

Whipperberry

Tatertots and Jello

Funky Junk Interiors

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dessert for a party! Love your taste in style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love trifles! I'm thinking of doing a trifle round up! I'll contact you when I do! Would love yours to be included!!

    -Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what I am making this weekend! This looks really good Rhonda :)

    xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, that looks great--my kids would love it! Next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails