Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Creating a Gallery of Initials

Wall décor is one of the best ways to personalize your living spaces, and there are so many options: photos, frames, mirrors, art, tapestries… the possibilities are really only as endless as your imagination.  One of the ways I’ve been trying to infuse our home with a sense of “us” is to create a wall gallery dedicated to the first initial of our last name.  Problem is, our last name starts with a U and let me tell you, it’s not always the easiest letter to find.  Here is the beginning of our little gallery of Us (pardon the pics – it was a gloomy day outside!):

Initial Decor in the Home

The big industrial U is a recent thrifting find – and it very well may be a lower case N, but for all things sacred, we’re calling it a U, mmmkay?  The rest I found at good ole Hobby Lobby over the past couple of years.  I’m enamored now with the idea of repurposed, vintage letters so my hunt will go beyond the racks of my favorite store!

Initial Decor

You’re with me on the vintage letter, yes?  The others are great, but the vintage letter comes with a little story… and I think that makes it more special, sort of like my little family of Us.

I found some other folks who share my love of the Initial Gallery:

Source

How to make a frame gallery wall

Source

Source

Monogram gallery wall using initials from your first names and a family pic #gallerywall #monogram

Source

Well… are you inspired yet to start your own homage to your last name?

Hopefully your initial is a bit easier to find than mine… happy hunting!  And if you find any Us… I’m your girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails