Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Living Room Update Progress

I gave you a sneak peek last week of some of the updates in my living room, and today I’m sharing a little bit more with you.  I’ve been slowly transforming this room for what feels like forever, and it’s finally starting to feel more like home around here.  Here’s the view you saw last week:

Computer Armoire Makeover copy

Here’s what it looked like before…

006

This picture is actually after I painted over the mustard yellow walls – and I have yet to repaint that green trim.  One of my home goals this year is to finally tackle the trim-painting beast.  It’s not something I’m looking forward to,  but it’s long overdue.

All that paint talk aside, here’s how things are looking now:

Living Room Progress Ektorp

We sold our leather sofa set on Craigslist and replaced it with the Ektorp chaise sectional from IKEA.  I really like this sofa.  It’s taken some getting use to for my hubby (not quite as cushy as the leather set), but he knows I like it so he doesn’t complain much.  Besides, part of the compromise was his very own man chair… yep, a recliner.

Living Room Progress Recliner

When he asked for a recliner I groaned… literally.  All I could picture was a gargantuan ugly La-Z-Boy from the eighties, so imagine my surprise when I found a recliner that was a normal size and was, *gasp*, pretty too!  This is the Franklin recliner from Plow and Hearth.  It’s gorgeous and it’s comfortable and Mr. home.made. is constantly fighting his three chicks for this chair!

The gallery wall of U’s behind the chair is a constant work in progress.  Do you know how difficult it is to find the letter U?  Seriously.  I find so many cute letters and there seems to rarely be a U.  Crazy.  Trust, us, a couple things I can’t spell without U.  Obviously these retailers don’t listen to the Biebs or they’d know what’s up.

I digress.

I shared my new reading corner with you last month.

Reading Corner Chair

And here’s one last view, looking into the kitchen area.

Living Room Progress Update

The wicker chair is IKEA, as is the little turquoise cart.  And I know you’re wondering about that fabulous rug, right?  It’s the moroccan trellis rug from Rugs USA and I got it during their 80% off sale during the summer.  It sheds like a friggin alpaca, but other than that, it’s great.  It’s thick and soft and gorgeous and I love the visual texture the pattern provides.

So there it is – our main living space and it’s little makeover.  I still have some things I want to do in here:

  • Paint Trim White!!
  • Find a smaller round coffee table (maybe glass with brass?)
  • Sell coffee and side table
  • ??Paint Computer Armoire
  • Move in piano from my grandmother
  • Plate wall above said piano :)

That’s about it… enough, right?

Hope you’re having a great start to your week.  I’m busy adjusting to my new job and working on last minute details for my 9 year old’s birthday party (in between soccer and softball)… can I get a nap please?!

1 comment:

  1. Would you recommend your ektorp? What color is the slipcover? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails