Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Tour–My Dining Room

Happy Wednesday friends!  I hope this week is being good to you.  We are holding down the infirmary over here with two kiddos who have succumbed to the flu… no fun, especially right before Christmas break.

All that fun aside… how about a little peek into my dining room?  I’ve been seeing all these great Christmas home tours in the blogosphere so I thought I’d share a glimpse into my humble abode, all dressed up for the holiday season.  Come on in!

Christmas Tour Dining Room

My home does not have a formal dining room, so this dining area gets a ton of traffic and I had to keep the décor kid-friendly.  Here, my Christmas apron is tied onto one of my dining chairs – makes a fun little chair skirt, right?

Family Ornament Christmas Tree

One of my favorite things in this room is this Christmas tree.  Every year since my husband and I have been married, my mother-in-law has given us a Christmas ornament.  Once the girls were born, she began giving us photo ornaments of them each year.  This tree is covered with not only those special keepsakes, but also ornaments that my children have made over the years (I’m a sucker for anything with a photo or hand/footprint) so it’s a fun walk down memory lane every year when we decorate.

Christmas Tour Dining

Here it is next to my White and Aqua Hutch.  Normally I’m not a big red for Christmas kinda gal, but with the white and blue, it works.

Dining Room Christmas Hutch

On top is a great find from my trip to Round Top this year.  It’s a vintage window with a Saint Nick needlepoint trimmed with vintage lace and placed on a beadboard background.  Here’s a better look:

St Nick Needlepoint

Isn’t it great?  This was the only item I purchased at the Antiques Fair other than an old caster wheel; there were so many things I saw that I could loved but could live without.  This was not one of them.  It had me at hello.


The table decorations are simply some antlers in my dough bowl and my girls’ gingerbread houses.  We eat most meals at this table, so there can’t be a lot of fuss going on.

Christmas Card Holder Sign

Lastly, here is our Christmas Card holder, inspired by this idea from Shanty 2 Chic.  I made this sign for the Christmas craft show I did a few weeks ago and forgot it at home that weekend (way to go Rhonda).  When I saw the Shanty girls christmas card holder, I knew I could do the same with this sign by wrapping twine around it and hanging the cards.  It works great (and has been enjoyed by our little elf too – see previous pic!).

One last pic – my youngest wanted to pose for mama by the card holder, pre flu invasion.  My girls are the whole reason I decorate my home – to give them wonderful memories of the holiday season.

Christmas Card Helper

So that’s it – hope you enjoyed it!  I have a few more peeks in store for you provided we can evict the flu bug around here.  Have a great rest of the week!

Sharing here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails