Sunday, July 10, 2011

Overcoming my Fear of Spray Paint

Are you ready for a confession?

I am afraid of spray paint.

Or at least, I was, up until yesterday.  I don't know what it is.  I don't know if it's the unknown as to the true paint color... or maybe it's the lack of control of paint application compared to a paint brush... or maybe it's fear of the dreaded spray paint drip.

Sigh.

Whatever it is, I'm over it.  I figured it's about time I put on my big girl DIY panties and faced the fear!  So yesterday, I did it.  I shook that can like crazy, popped off the lid, and sprayed myself into oblivion!  Of course, I tested on a small project first (which I can't wait to reveal ) - a little knock-off Martha project.  Then I took the big leap and got to work on the fabulous metal bed that I got for Big Sis from a friend's garage sale. 

I made it through the priming stage and now am on to the real painting part.  Then comes gloss.  Whee!

It was liberating.

And now I think I'm addicted. 

Got anything you need me to spray paint?!

Stay tuned this week for the knock-off Martha project and maybe for a Big Sis bed reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails