Wednesday, July 13, 2011

{Knock-Off} Martha Stewart Recipe Box

While cleaning up my favorites bar recently, I came across a link to this fabulous recipe box from Martha Stewart... put on my wish list long ago and now, sadly, not available.  *sob*


Then I looked at my current recipe box, bought long long ago in a little country shop in small town Texas.  It too, was sad!


Then I had an idea... enter Rustoleum aqua spray paint!


A few coats (and some scrapbooking supplies) later... and I have my very own MS aqua recipe box!


I purchased the label holders and brads from Hobby Lobby (50% off this week, btw) - I initially planned on using the brad as it is originally intended, but the hole on the label holder was too small.  No worries - it's nothing a little E-6000 couldn't solve!  I simply glued the label holder in place, cut the brad attachments off and glued the remaining tops in place.


I made the recipe label in Microsoft word, Arial print.  The recipe card is courtesy of none other than the great Martha herself.

  (I have to admit, while re-organizing my recipes after this project was complete I realized I have WAY more dessert recipes than anything else... not that that's a bad thing, right?)

Hope you're having a fantastic week! 

Linking up at Tea Rose Home...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails