When you grow up in the south, fried chicken is a frequent menu item albeit probably not the healthiest menu item… I’ve been making this healthier oven-fried chicken for years. It’s easy to make with ingredients I usually have on hand and it’s always a hit with my family. While you can use any chicken cut for this, we tend to go for the drumsticks since they’re easy for my girls to grab and eat. Delish!
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3- to 3 1/2-lb cut-up whole chicken (or cut of your choice)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in 13x9-inch pan in oven.
- In shallow dish, mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture. Place chicken, skin sides down, in pan.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake about 30 minutes longer or until juice is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs).