Saturday, August 1, 2009

Finally - a Twirly Skirt for Mom!

I finally got around to getting the right size elastic for my circle skirt and I finished it off so I could wear it today... and I totally dig it.


Pretty, right? I used Amy Butler fabrics from the Midwest Modern 2 line. The skirt is Orange Dahlia in ivory/poppies and the waistband (which you can't see :() is blush/martini. After making some of the girls' skirts from Walmart fabric, it was nice working with great material. There is such a huge difference in the way it feels and the way it comes together!

The pattern was easy to follow and this skirt was cut and pieced together in an afternoon. Love it! I can already tell there will be more of these poppin' up in my closet... And just for my girls, I had to test out the Twirl Factor...

I think it meets the standard, don't you?!

Oh... I almost forgot! Dh surprised me with an early birthday present today - a serger! Now - off to figure out how to use it!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work!! It looks fabulous on you. And I love the twirly shot. One second later though in the shot and we would have seen some unders, I do believe. ;)

    And a huge congrats on the serger. You're going to have so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails