Sunday, May 5, 2013

Puppy Cupcakes for my SIX year old!

Puppy Cupcake Tower

My youngest recently turned the big 6 – I can hardly believe it!  For her birthday, she requested a chihuahua cake that was a replica of her own little chi, Olive.  Since lifelike puppy cakes are not quite in my bag of mama tricks (ahem), we settled on this trio of puppy cupcakes with the help of my favorite cupcake book, Hello Cupcake!

My sister and I stayed up until after midnight icing these babies – if you follow me on facebook or instagram, I snuck in a few peeks as we worked.  We decided on little Yorkies, Westies, and of course, Chihuahuas.

Westie Cupcake home.made.

Everything on these cupcakes is edible – cake, icing, marshmallows, MnMs, and  some sugar sprinkles!

Chihuahua cupcake home.made.

They turned out so cute and tasted amazing – many thanks to my sister who not only made the cupcakes and icing in advance, but also brought along all of the extras.  She is awesome – she knows that homemade birthday cakes/cupcakes are important to me and she always helps me make it happen no matter how late we have to stay up!

The best part of all?  This happy girl:

GG six

015

Happy happy birthday my sweet GG!

Have you ever had a crazy request for a birthday cake?  What’d you end up making?

Check out some prior birthday cake creations:  Dora Party, Girl’s Camping Party, Little Mermaid Party, Puppy Party, Horse Party, Zebra Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails