Thursday, November 8, 2012

13.1 Thursdays–Race Week!

thirteen

It’s here, peops.

We are at T minus three days until the 1/2 marathon!

Tomorrow morning’s run will be the last of the preparatory miles I’ve logged over the past few months as I’ve gotten this 35 year old body ready for the longest run of my life.  Tomorrow will be an easy three miles, just enough to remind my legs of what they’re supposed to do on Sunday, so it should be fairly enjoyable.

This week I’m focusing on staying hydrated and eating well, in addition to trying to keep my nerves in check.  I have to admit it – I’m scared.  I don’t know why, but I am, so I’m trying to stop getting myself worked up over something as silly as a couple (ha!) of miles.

In the week leading up to the race, I ran 4.5 miles on Saturday and 4 on Tuesday.  There are arguments for and against tapering runs the week prior to a 1/2 or a full marathon… I chose to taper, mainly out of necessity since my hubby works every other weekend and I knew I’d have trouble fitting in a true long run.

So, how do I feel otherwise?  I think I’m ready, as ready as I’m going to be at this point.  As long as I finish, I’ll be happy.

Let’s rock this Rock n Roll 1/2!!

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great! A big race is something you'll remember in detail forever. And RNR are really well run, so you don't have to worry about logistics; just run.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails