Thursday, August 5, 2010

Gathered Clutch, Round One

Yes!  I finally figured out the zipper portion and completed my first Gathered Clutch last night. 


This is the entire reason I love this bag - the gathered front peeking out from behind the solid band... but wait til you see the inside!



I just love that happy polka dot lining hiding inside.  I added the optional divider pocket and credit card holders - I'll be tucking little gift cards in there for the teachers along with a thank you note from me (and the girls).


Look!  I put in a zipper!



It's going to be hard letting this beauty go, but no worries.  There's more fabric where that came from!  I've got two more to make - hopefully I'll be able to finish them this week while I remember how to put them together!

This is what's been on my mind while I'm sewing these:


My oldest daughter.  I can't believe she's going to be starting kindergarten.  I very well remember those first moments with her after her birth, the first words, the first steps, the first, well, everything.  And now it's almost time for the first day of school.

*weep*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails