Thursday, October 11, 2012

Spooky Skeleton Wreath

It’s getting a little spooky ‘round here.

skeleton wreath

I’m slowly adding to my Halloween décor… but first up is, as always, my wreath!  You may be thinking that this wreath looks a little familiar and for good reason – it’s my Simple Moss and Pumpkin Wreath made over for Halloween!

I picked  up a “bag of bones” on an outing to Walgreens, and thought it would be fun to have a sort of 3-D skeleton wreath.  The hands had somewhat pointed ends from the mold so I simply pushed them into the styrofoam base and secured with hot glue.  The skull’s shape nestled perfectly in the wreath opening, and again, hot glue keeps it there.

skeleton wreath close

Mr. Bones greets my visitors with a glittered “boo” burlap banner.

skeleton wreath side 2

I love how the skeleton looks like he’s coming right out of my wreath… eek!

skeleton wreath side

Now if I could only get him to hand out my Halloween candy…

More fun to come with the remainder of the bones…

Don’t you love this time of year?!

Linking up here: Craftberry Bush, Jennifer Rizzo, Tatertots and Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Show and Tell Saturday, eighteen 25, It’s Overflowing, Positively Splendid, I Heart Naptime

11 comments:

  1. This is my favorite wreath Ive seen !! good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Rhonda...that's so creepy...it's perfect for Halloween...pinning to my Halloween and wreath board...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I strongly before scary over cute when it comes to Halloween decor. This is a perfect example of being cute and creepy at the same time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great Halloween wreath! The moss looks perfect against the burlap and the .... skull! I would be scared if I walked up to your door, but I am also the biggest baby when it comes to Halloween lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath is very appropriate for those who like scary stuff because it scares me to look at it on my screen. I wonder how you will use the other bones, I can't imagine. The wreath is very creative and is sure to be a hit on Halloween. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you will visit again.--Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I love the skeleton popping out ... Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This. Is. Brilliant!!!!!!

    You just found yourself a new follower, girl!

    ~Cathy Mini~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome wreath! I'd love for you to share this and any other crafts at my new linky party, Submarine Sunday. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-2-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome wreath! Pinning to my Halloween board on Pinterest. Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This wreath is AWESOME!!!! Possibly a project for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails