Thursday, April 19, 2012

{Friday Faves} – Gallery Walls

Ever since repainting the hallway, I’ve dreamt of having a multi-functional gallery wall there.  The location is perfect since it’s an area we walk past frequently and there’s a perfect view of the wall from our kitchen.  I’m slowly piecing items together and was ready to get started today but my Pottery Barn daily system wall calendar arrived with a cracked frame, darnit.  Luckily, a new one’s already on the way (and I see now that they’re full price again so I’m glad it got it on sale!); so while my gallery wall plans are on a temporary hold, here are some great ideas from Pinterest to get your decorative juices flowing…


I love how the frames cover the entire wall, not just the top portion.


I'm planning on incorporating frames to display my girls' masterpieces, similar to these.


I have a crush on all things chalkboard.  I've already turned an old magnetic board into a chalkboard, but I like the chalkboard wall.  Hmmmm.

Source: asoftplace.net via Deb on Pinterest

Again with the chalkboard.  Hmmm.

Hope to bring my dream to fruition soon!
What are your thoughts on gallery walls?


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your wall! I do love the white frames on white wall too, so simple yet beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails